The store will be a simple, timber-clad, single storey building with a pitched roof and a covered entrance porch at one corner, with parking at the village hall by kind permission of the Trustees. It will sell a variety of groceries and other items, with an emphasis on local produce where possible, and will also provide Post Office services.
Opening hours will be dependent on the degree of support we get from volunteers to run the store, but we are hoping to open as follows:
- Monday to Friday – 8am to 6pm
- Saturday – 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Sunday (yes Sunday!) – 8:30am to 12:30pm
There is more to the store than just being a place to shop. Acting as a new heart for the valley community, the plan is to offer other services such as:
- a small coffee area – a welcoming space for residents, home workers, and the elderly to get together
- a ‘pop-up’ area to showcase the work of local artists, craftspeople and producers
- a good neighbour scheme for older and housebound residents
- a heating oil buying group
- an online shopping point-of-delivery and collection service
- prescription services
- dry-cleaning drop-off and pick-ups
- National Lottery sales
- WiFi and broadband access to help residents access online applications for car tax etc
The store will be there to serve the community, so if you have additional ideas of services that could be provided, then please let us know using the contact form.